ENT & Allergy Partners remains committed to the health and safety of our patients and employees amidst coronavirus concerns. Throughout the last several weeks we have continuously reviewed the guidelines set by various national medical organizations and have based our care protocols in the best interest and safety of our patients and staff. After thorough internal discussion, as well as following CMS guidelines and in coordination with DHEC and the Governors orders, we will soon be opening our clinics, surgery center and resuming allergy shots. Obviously, this will come with new safety protocols on the part of our providers and staff – and we will ask patients to participate in safety efforts as well. (See New Safety Protocols below for updates to ENT & Allergy Partners’s reopening procedures.)
New Safety Protocols:
For your safety and the safety of others, please do not come into the office without an appointment, unless you require pharmacy services. Thank you!
Please remember that we are unable to test for COVID-19 in any of our offices. If you think you may have the virus or have been in contact with someone that has tested positive, we encourage you to take part in a virtual health screening (see Virtual Screening Resources below) and avoid contact with other people.
We are now scheduling in-office appointments. As such, please review the list below of new safety protocols in place to ensure the safety of our patients, staff, and community:
- COVID19 screening: when you call to schedule your appointment, our team will go through a verbal health screening for COVID19. You will again have the same screening at the time of your appointment. Please remember that we are unable to test for COVID19 at any of our offices, our verbal screenings are in place to ensure you don’t have any symptoms or reason to believe you may have COVID19. There are a number of hospitals actively screening in our community, see the bottom of this email for resources.
- Remain in your car. Once it’s time for your appointment, you will receive a text message to complete the screening prior to coming inside.
- Come alone. Unless your are the parent or medical decision maker of a patient, we ask that only the patient come for the appointment to limit exposure to our staff and other patients.
- Wear a mask. Masks are to protect others, we ask that you wear one for the safety of our staff and patients. If you do not have one – here are some easy ways to make your own mask from the CDC.
- Increased safety protocols. Please rest assured that our providers and staff are taking extraordinary precautions to ensure the safety of everyone. Increased hand washing, increased sterilization of exam rooms, surfaces and equipment. We’re limiting the number of patients per hour and they will be physically spread out. Our providers and staff will be wearing personal protective equipment (masks) as well.
- Unless picking up a prescription at the pharmacy, no patients should come into the office without an appointment.
Allergy Shot Patients:
All allergy services require an appointment and 24 to 48-hour notice to ensure vials are in the appropriate location. Please call to make an appointment.
- We will be limiting allergy shots to certain locations.
- Your vials will be couriered to the appropriate location as necessary.
Before and During Your Appointment:
- You MUST wear a tank top/sleeveless shirt, short sleeves rolled-up are acceptable.
- Following the safety protocols listed above, we ask Allergy Shot Patients to also:
- Remain in your car.
- Come alone.
- Wear a mask.
Surgery Center Patients:
The Surgery Center of Charleston is re-open and ready for procedures. If you had to reschedule or cancel your surgery, give us a call and we can find you an available time. In addition to the new safety protocols in place for ENT & Allergy Partners clinic locations, there may also be additional safety measures in place to protect our patients and staff before, during and after surgical procedures.
For more information and to schedule, please call us directly at 843-766-7103.
Virtual Screening Resources:
Roper St. Francis Healthcare is offering free virtual care consultations and screenings to anyone experiencing COVID-19 symptoms in the Lowcountry. New and existing patients who have fever, coughing and shortness of breath can speak with a Roper St. Francis Express Care provider between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. any day of the week at no charge. Patients should use the promo code COVID19. Virtual visits outside of this time frame will be charged the standard flat rate of $59.
Roper St. Francis Virtual Care makes it easy to see a healthcare provider–anytime, anywhere–from your home or on the go. No appointment needed. To get started, all you need is an internet connection and a smartphone, tablet or computer with a web camera.
Visit Roper St. Francis Virtual Care: Virtual Care
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this time. If you have any questions, please contact our office at 843-766-7103.